Delhi gang rape Juvenile principal to appear before court
The principal of a school attended by a juvenile accused in the December 16 Delhi gang-rape case will on Tuesday depose before a juvenile justice board for the second time.
When he had appeared before the board last time, the principal had failed to prove the claim that the juvenile’s age was under 18 years.
The juvenile court was reportedly not satisfied with the age-related documents presented last week by the principal of the school in Uttar Pradesh’s Badaun. The court had asked him to produce more documents related to the juvenile’s age latest by today.
The juvenile, one of the six accused in the gang-rape of a 23-year-old trainee physiotherapist in a moving bus here on December 16, had done his primary education from the school.
After his arrest on December 21, he had claimed that his age was under 18 years.
The court summoned the school principal to help in determining the juvenile’s exact age.
“The chargesheet against other five accused has been filed in the Saket court. A separate chargesheet will be filed against the accused after his age is ascertained,” a police officer had said earlier.
Meanwhile, the juvenile’s family, which lives in Badaun in western Uttar Pradesh, is reportedly shocked to know that he is still alive.
In an interview to CNN-IBN, the family said that he should be punished if found guilty.